Canis Media has a proven track record in channel business planning, business development, asset valuation, sourcing and acquiring channel numbers (EPG – Electronic Programme Guide positions) and launching channels onto broadcast platforms in the UK, on local TV, and around the world.
We are the UK’s leading advisors on launching on the Sky platform and have worked on more than 100 channel launches. The team at Canis Media have shown that they can get you on air, on budget and on time. In 2013 we managed 19 EPG transactions, more than all of our competitors combined.
We have launched and advised dozens of channels in recent years, in Entertainment, Sport, Shopping, Lifestyle, Ethnic and Foreign Language genres. Our team has helped many African, Middle Eastern and Asian channels to launch. We can help with the following:
• Business model evaluation: we can review your business plan and financial forecasts to ensure your base assumptions are realistic and robust. We can also help early stage television businesses create a commercial model from scratch and advise on fund raising.
• Ofcom licence: Canis can manage your Ofcom Licence application or transfer ensuring your submission addresses all the key areas that Ofcom is concerned about. This specialist service minimises risk of licence rejection, and we believe it helps Ofcom to process your application quickly.
• Platform distribution: Canis is the UK’s leading EPG broker. We can source and secure your EPG slot, handle the negotiation and manage the whole process, including all legal documentation and notifications to Sky. We also manage the process of transferring the existing broadcast contracts to the new channel. Similarly we can assist with distribution on Freesat, Freeview, BT Vision and Cable. Our team can help with European or emerging markets and we have worked across Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
• Compliance and Compliance Training: Canis can conduct due diligence with regard to all pre-launch editorial and regulatory compliance, including the creation of appropriate editorial guidelines. We can host compliance training seminars in the UK and abroad on your behalf.
• Partners: Canis can draw upon its wide network of senior contacts in the UK and overseas TV markets to secure best value from all third party partners, including advertising sales houses, satellite capacity owners and playout providers to ensure your channel launches on time and on budget.
The Commercial Services team manages out TV shopping channel. In September 2013, TV Warehouse re-launched into prominent EPG positions on the SKY DTH and Freesat platforms in the UK after 5 years off our screens. TV Warehouse is available on Sky in EPG 657 within the Shopping genre and EPG position 804 on Freesat. The channel airs 24-7 on both platforms. For information about the channel or to buy airtime on the channel, please contact email@example.com.
TV Warehouse first launched in 2001 when it quickly established itself as one of the most innovative and popular brands in what was then the fledging TV shopping sector on Sky’s digital satellite platform. TV Warehouse was one of the UK’s first on air brands designed for pre-recorded shopping programmes and is very popular with viewers.
Manchester Television Network
Regional Greater Manchester DTT
Canis Media operates a Freeview multiplex in the Greater Manchester area which offers broadcasters the opportunity to broadcast licensed channels. The regional DTT capacity can handle six video streams (channels) operating 24/7 and offers broadcasters DTT capacity at a much lower cost per household than national MUX coverage.
Transmission facilities are based at Arqiva’s Winter Hill site, the principal site used for ITV and Granada in the North West of England. Channels allocated a video stream on the multiplex will have their own LCN (channel number) which, if you are an entertainment channel, you are likely to enjoy a prominent position in the 50s or 60s on the Freeview EPG in the Greater Manchester area. Channels need to be able to successfully deliver content or a signal to Canis Media/Arqiva at Winter Hill and an easy option is to take an existing broadcast feed.
Channels currently broadcasting on the Manchester Television Network are:
- LCN 51 Movies 4 Men
- LCN 52 Movies 4 Men+1
- LCN 53 Lamhe
- LCN 56 Capital TV
- LCN 60 Fire TV
- LCN 62 Heart TV
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org