Canis Media has a proven track record in channel business planning, development, sourcing and acquiring EPG positions and launching channels onto various platforms in the UK, on local TV, and around the world. We are the UK’s leading advisors on launching on the Sky platform. The team at Canis Media can get you on air, on budget and on time.
We have launched and advised dozens of channels in recent years, and we can help with the following:
• Business model evaluation: we can review your business plan and financial forecasts to ensure your base assumptions are realistic and robust. We can also help early stage television businesses create a commercial model from scratch and advise on fund raising.
• Ofcom licence: Canis can manage your Ofcom Licence application or transfer ensuring your submission addresses all the key areas that Ofcom focus on. This specialist service minimises risk and helps Ofcom to process your application quickly.
• Platform distribution: Canis is the UK’s leading EPG broker having brokered more deals on the Sky platform than the rest of our competitors combined. We can source and secure your EPG slot, handle the negotiation and manage the whole process, including all legal documentation and notifications to Sky. We also manage the process of transferring the existing broadcast contracts to the new channel. Similarly we can assist with distribution on Freesat, Freeview, BT Vision and Cable. Our team can help with European or emerging markets and we have worked across Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
• Compliance and Compliance Training: Canis can conduct due diligence with regard to all pre-launch editorial and regulatory compliance, including the creation of appropriate editorial guidelines. We can host compliance training seminars in the UK and abroad on your behalf.
• Partners: Canis can draw upon its wide network of senior contacts in the UK and overseas TV markets to secure best value from all third party partners, including advertising sales houses, satellite capacity owners and playout providers to ensure your channel launches on time and on budget.